MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for completing work orders and other required tasks. Duties include, but are not limited to: mowing with push-type and riding mowers, edging, trimming, raking and debris pick-up, reseeding, fertilizing, installing and repairing curbing, pavement and sidewalks, cleaning out vacant units, repair/replace toilets, troubleshoot clogged drains and repair, painting, drywall, providing labor support to other maintenance technicians and any other tasks as assigned. The Maintenance Technician is responsible to dress for the weather.
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a valid State of Illinois commercial vehicle operator’s license
- Must be capable of standing, walking and lifting/carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience
Must have completed the 8th grade. Graduation from an accredited high school desirable. One year of working experience in the care and maintenance of buildings and/or grounds. Or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONDITIONED ON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A BACKGROUND SCREENING.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DEADLINES:
Please mail, e-mail or hand deliver your application and resume to the address below.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 847-625-4627. No phone calls please.
Mail to: Waukegan Housing Authority
Human Resources Department
215 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
Waukegan, IL 60085